Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Another lock FOB programming issue

My Freedom Elite 30 FE came with a keyless entry system (doors to enter the cab).
Like many others, I was handed a single set of keys which included a working door lock FOB. I went to the Ford dealer to purchase a second FOB only to be told, it was not a Ford remote. I researched and I purchased a duplicate FOB on line and tried programming it according to the E450 chassis manual.
No luck.
The duplicate FOB came with a set of instructions that mentioned a valet/programming switch and LED. My search for this switch and LED ended up with me first removing the driver’s side kick panel. There I found several wires that had been cut and spliced (not very professionally I might add). Tracing these wires caused me to remove the door sill panel. Underneath the door sill I found a black box labeled APS45C. Internet research revealed that this was a Prestige (now Voxx electronics) keyless entry system.
All fine and well, except still no programming switch or LED. I found the wiring diagram for the APS45C and the connection point for the switch and LED. In looking at the actual box, both connection points were void of these components.
So, I’m right back where I started. No way to program a new remote.
I’ve sent a message to Voxx, but so far no reply.
From all of this, I surmise that, in order to save a few bucks, Thor chose not to buy the Ford chassis with the Ford keyless entry system (an APS45C system can be purchased on Amazon for about $40). To further save money,Thor chose not to provide the valet/programming switch and LED.
In my opinion, this is just another way Thor has found to piss off the customer.
This will be the last Thor product that I buy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum