Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #13
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi......you say you have no electrical troubleshooting experience. This makes it hard to help you help yourself, but let’s start with a general question or two. I see you have a newer ACE (2017), so I was wondering if there have been any changes or work done (by you or anyone else) on the front end (in the engine bay) or around the drivers dash area recently (just prior to this problem showing up)? Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it ? Probably not based on your comments. I don’t know how my own coach light/signals are wired specifically so the following comments are pure speculation.....

I am guessing that when wiring leaves the turn signal switch (includes the four way flasher inter connections with the turn signal switch) at the Driver’s seat, the coach “front and rear facing” signal wires are probably spliced together (maybe even connectorized) somewhere close to the signal switch (perhaps inside the Driver side dash). The front facing left and right signal wires are kept separate as they run to the front signal lights. It seems to me that for both front left and front right signal lights to stop working at the same time means a common problem. You have checked all fuses and you say they are good. It would be unlikely for both front left and front right signal wire splices to open up at the same time (at the point where front and rear signalling wires split off to go forward or to the rear of the coach). I would be leaning toward looking for a common signal lighting ground wire in the engine bay that has loosened or is not making good contact with the chassis. Look around the Driver side of the radiator for chassis ground wires or around the front signal lamps (left and right) for grounding wires going to chassis bolts. If you had a multimeter I would suggest “carefully” checking front signal lamp base connections for 12volts. If there is flashing 12 volts on the meter (with turn switch and ignition on) then bulbs are getting power; you are missing a common ground. If no flashing 12volts on the signal lamp bases then there may be a front facing signal light wiring connector that has come off under the dash. Good luck getting under the driver dash area......

Sorry for the wordy response.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum