Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #21
keger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport 36R
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11273
Of all the forums that I've been reading it seems like every RV MFG has issues with there rigs. From high end to lower end. They all have problems. So does Thor have more, maybe, maybe not. I haven't been keeping score. I'm retired from a heavy equipment manufacturer and we had a great quality control department and we still had issues both at the factory and on customers job sites or dealer's. So I know what to look for during a vehicle construction. I took the plant tour at the Thor factory and was not overly impressed with there quality inspections. I think this show's up in their end product. But that said I'm betting a lot if not most of these RV MFG operate the same. I think you get good RVs and bad RVs and the price doesn't reflect on which is which. We love our Thor MH it works for us. Sure we've had problems but they were fixed either by me or a dealer. Just think of the thousands of parts going into these MH something is bound to happen sooner or later. Heck try driving your home down the road at 65 MPH and tell me things wouldn't break. Maybe that's over reaching but you know what I mean. The only thing that really helps is some knowledge of these different operating systems then you can fix them yourself. It seems that the constant complaining comes from people that don't understand how this MH works. And that's okay, I get it not everyone is and engineer. I would guess if there were more people with basic knowledge of there MH you might not know if anything was going wrong in this industry. And those with multiple problems I get it also it is frustrating to keep fixing things. But hay it's yours to fix that should give you some pride in your Workman ship and a good pat on the back. Hang in there there's brighter days ahead.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum