Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #16
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
With Thor as huge as they are I'm sure that through engineering, implementation and production, some new features get lost in the mix whereby they start getting installed in the production process earlier than the designers plan. You were the beneficiary of that process. Bslemons...It's also important to make sure your insurance company complies with RVIA in event of a serious loss. One or two year older model will reduce coverage or replacement values. It isn't their call...its legally the year model Thor says it is.
Gritz/Turner, that may be true for insurance purposes and I wasn't smart enough to try it but you have to give the VIN to the ins co. that was used when you registered it (dealer registered mine - LaMesa in Sanford, FL). A VIN search will show year, make, model, etc. to anyone conducting the search. The DMV cannot legally register a vehicle VIN for 2016 as a 2017 if the VIN states 2016. If you get pulled or in an accident and the cops run the VIN, the vehicle has to match the registration, has to match the insurance and the manufacturer's ID#. At least that's what I was told when I stated mine was a 2017, and not a 2016. Basically, too bad, so sad.

Turner, do have an official reference for this? I may be needing it.
"DMV offices and Insurance Agencies and Companies should never be using year model designations from website searches, but only the Owner's PURCHASE agreement/bill of sale from the Dealer, or the Manufacturer's own VIN# designation on it's official paperwork.
Insurance Companies understand how this works - DMVs may not - you may have to show them the 'proof' from the manufacturer"

If I need to backtrack this and pick a fight, I need qualified references. Otherwise it's stated opinion and neither the DMV if Ins Co. will accept that as fact.

Meanwhile, I'll be hunting.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum