Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #10
RustyJC

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Good question. I know I can run the fans without AC or heat, however, if I switch the fan to 'on' using the dual thermostat (AC and Heat) I'm not sure which fan runs, the one for the furnace (floor ducts) or the one for the front AC (ceiling ducts). Tonight when I go out to the coach for some maintenance time I'll check and answer the question. For clarification, in my coach with dual AC the thermostat for the front unit is the one that controls heat as well as AC. The thermostat for the rear unit controls AC only.

The way I understand it the Cheap Heat system uses the existing furnace fan (required to be operational for installation) and includes a switch for selecting electric or propane heat. One thing I just noticed on their FAQ is that if wired for 50 AMP service the system will not run if you are adapted and connected to campground 30 amp.
If I set my Zone 1 Mode to Furnace and Zone 2 Mode to Off, I still have the "low/high/auto' fan speed options. Now, do any of them work besides auto when in the Furnace mode? Good question. If I can remember to do so, I'll try it this weekend when we have the RV out.

That is correct. If wired for 120/240VAC 50 amp service, the heating elements will not energize on 30 amp service since 240VAC is not present across L1 to L2 on 30 amp service. Ours is wired for 50 amp and we have 30 amp service in our covered storage bay, so I can't use the Cheap Heat system to keep the 5th wheel above freezing in the winter - I have to use space heaters.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum