Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Power Question
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Hey guys I have a question, last night the power to our refrigerator and outlets in the bedroom went out briefly and then came back on. This happened at least 5 or 6 times through out the night. These outlets are wired through the inverter, the two outlets in the bedroom were wired by DRV to power our C Paps along with the fridge.

When I looked at the EMS I have a "PE4" code that is showing. I'm confused because the EMS is also showing L-1 118 volts and L-2 119 volts and "E-0" is also showing in the read-out on both lines.

In the manual it says to re-set the EMS all that has to happen is for the power going into it to be shut down. I went out to the pedestal and flipped the 50 amp breaker off and then back on. I'm still getting the "PE-4" code though. Unfortunately I don't have a multi tester with me so I haven't checked the actual voltage at the pedestal.

Dan

PE is prior error and if I remember correctly code 4 is low voltage for Progressive ind ems.

So the ems is telling you there was at some point low voltage and the ems will shut down power until the voltage get to the correct amount. It does this to prevent damage to your mh equipment

I have seen this myself at some campgrounds. THe voltage drops just for a couple seconds then come back up. Everything shuts down than comes back on
You need to look at the ems meter when its shuts down to see what it says for voltage. If I remember correctly it will shut things down at 104 volts.

SOunds like it working properly to me. Now if the voltage never dropped down then there could be a problem

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum