Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #1545
Thor-Machine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #14807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
No changes needed to the RV to fill oil from under the hood.

Just a large funnel with a long hose (3 - 4 foot long). Once you locate the oil cap, remove it then insert hose then hold the funnel upright outside the RV (mine is by the windsheild wipers and I have a metal hook to hold the funnel to wipers while its draining the hose and to hold steady for me).

Fill oil to correct level then when done you have to move the long hose up and down a few times to remove as much left over oil as you can, then use your finger to plug hose when you remove it to prevent messes, replace cap.

It will be a little messy the first time you do it but by the 2nd or 3rd time you will have the routine down.

I fill my oil by myself but it would be helpful to have a 2nd set of hands.

I guess there's just no convincing those who have things in their head otherwise So I'm done trying to establish the facts.
Like the saying goes....there's things in this universe you just can't fix.

Thanks for responding.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum