Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #41
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
We recently traded in a 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow. It had a spare tire but no jack. There were multiple warnings in the documentation that said that the levelers were not to be used while changing a tire. Also stated that changing the tire was a job for a professional and should not be attempted by others. I don't recall seeing that in anything on our new MH but wondering if that attitude is still prevalent.
That is interesting. I wonder why you should not use the levelers to change a tire. Never having had levelers on any of my three RVs, I know nothing about them. But I agree with the Fleetwood docs. RVs are too big, too heavy and too top heavy for an individual to risk changing a tire. If the jack slips, it could easily kill you, never mind damaging a very expensive toy. I taught my daughter to change a tire so that she could if she was someplace where her life depended on it. But I paid for AAA and told her never to do it. I feel the same way about me and my RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum