Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #60
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
I didn't know what the Safe-T-Plus was, so I read about it.

I notice a bit of "twitch" when big rigs pass us, but since we pull a fairly heavy trailer the problem is minimal. I suspect the trailer acts like the tail of a dog to stabilize the RV. Mounting the Safe-T-Plus doesn't look very complicated. Here's a video showing how it's done.
I installed a Safe-T-Plus a few months ago and it was fairly easy with the exception of getting some bolts loose that had thread locker on them.
The most time consuming part was finding a level straight road to set it up. Also, if you follow the other setup video on road test, and add the pointer to your steering wheel, you can set it with only one adjustment. I cut a pointer out of a file folder, taped it onto the wheel with an indication point on the dash.
Works very well and am glad to have it installed, especially since my wife likes it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum