Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
If you want Mercedes Sprinter Diesel, the closest Class A to a Hymer I’ve seen in US was the Winnebago Via/Reyo, but they lacked a bike garage. And with the added length and slide room, were much larger and heavier too. They were discontinued recently, so that option isn’t that viable if looking for new rigs anyway.

In a Class C design, I see no reason why Thor couldn’t build small units with Hymer floorplans based on Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter, or RAM ProMaster chassis. My guess is that they don’t believe there is enough of a market.

As I’ve mentioned before, I think a good compromise would be a Class C based on SRW Ford E-350 in 22 ~ 23 foot range. Thor built the 20-ft long 19G which was narrow and fairly low, but lacked permanent beds. Using a Hymer floorplan that is very common at 7 meters (23 feet), they could add twin rear beds over a bike garage.

A company as large as Thor could probably also get Ford to start offering the SRW E-350 again so they could build a Hymer-size Class A that could be serviced at most Ford dealers.

Building them should be easy. They must just think there isn’t much demand.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum