Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #7
Mikeythecat

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Montana
THOR #15796
Quote:
Originally Posted by K6NCX View Post
Well, it finally happened to us, too. The entry door lock on our 2016 Thor ACE 30.1 broke a couple of days ago, locking us out. It took $290 to get a locksmith from 75 miles away to get in. Now I have to get a replacement assembly.

I’ve seen numerous posts from people who replaced it with the same (supposedly improved) Attwood model, an unspecified Bauer model, or an unspecified RV Locks model. Some say it fit perfectly, some say they had to modify either the lock assembly or the door to make it fit.

Can anybody who has successfully replaced the assembly without having to modify anything tell me exactly what they bought? If I have a choice, I’ll probably get a unit which allows keyless entry, but either way I’d line to know what will fit and work.

I think I would rather avoid buying another Attwood, because they let the problem go on with their locks for so long. The failures are well documented going back at least to 2012, and I believe a lot further. But still, if you installed and Attwood, and you’re happy with it, please share the details.
I have a 2016 Thor Ace 30.1 and the door lock plunger broke, locking everyone out except me. I took the back off from the inside and used pliers to pull the plunger away from the door jamb and got the door opened. After hearing that the lock was defective using the pot metal plunger, I called Trimark. They now have a new lock, the 60-1650 with a steel plunger. I ordered it today. 800-431-8616. It costs $138+. The 30.1 Ace uses the 29412 13 version.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum