Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 09:09 PM   #14
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I think (IMO) when folks say the V10 "likes to Rev" they dont mean 6000 RPM's. I take it to mean around 4500 rpms (but that just me). After all its a motor home not a Corvette. But I can see saying "LIKES TO REV" that is confusing so someone not use to a big truck engine or new to the Motorhome world.

I reality some are saying (IMO) that 4500 to 4800 RPM's "once in a while" wont blow up your engine. But im not going to test my RV trying it.

I try to keep it below 4200 RPM max if I can. I dont like the hear the engine race.... I think of the MPG and engine wear/damage that can occur. Might be in my head... but its my head....LOL.

Sometimes It will down shift when you dont expect it to so I let off the throttle right away do keep it around 3800 to 4200 max.

Just like when folks say their RV is "FAST or quick"... Its faster or Quicker than any other RV they drove (or Uhaul etc). Or Faster/Quicker than they "expected". Not that RV's are "Fast".
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum