Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #63
Cabinetmkr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #15113
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfieldwizard View Post
Look at the first pic. Mine looks the same way. It doesn't take a genius to figure out these ladders are decorative only and not meant for use by the average adult esp if the ladder is older than a few years. You are so lucky you weren't hurt. These ladders are an example of how coaches in general are constructed.
Waiting to read about a lawsuit...
Oh I’m sure there has been a few... but most settled and not disclosed. I’ve owned an RV of some type for over 50 yrs, a close friend is a dealer... so I’ve seen and heard many stories.
The most surprised I’ve ever been, is getting behind the wheel of my 32 hurricane on a secondary road.
It amazes me how the manufacturers take a chassis... which has a load rating, and change the center of gravity which leads to almost uncontrollable sway at times. The aftermarket for all these correction devices is huge, and they boast the simple ease of installation to correct known control problems and to increase safety. I cannot believe these are not standard items on any MH that rolls off the line. Would it really $1000 to bottom line?

My ladder actually seems pretty sturdy... but I do go up and down taking slow steps as not to jerk or jolt more pressure on the mounts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum