Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 01:21 AM   #47
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
I missed that you didn't own the rig yet... (I was using the app which doesn't show the 'signatures' you see in the browser for some reason).

As at least some states require curb weight for registration/title, I expect the dealer would have that information in their paperwork for a given rig. That wouldn't include any fuel/water/propane, but that can be calculated.
It should be safe to assume that GCVWR - GVWR = minimal towing capacity - assuming hitch rating allows... as the loaded weight of rig should be below GVWR. The actual weight comes in to play to see if you can tow MORE than that difference.

That said - I have seen some rigs in past that really don't leave much weight for 'stuff' - but was more on the F350 chassis they moved away from. I'd expect no issue on F53 as long as you are 'reasonable' on contents.

As was stated earlier - it is not just the engine that determines capabilities. There are multiple variations of the F53 varying components like axles to meet a given weight rating. Not every application needs (or wants to pay for) the highest capacity.
@GMC You da man. There are two kinds of people, those that respect the law and those that say the heck with it. Sometimes rules and regulations can be so dumbfusing that those that wish to respect the law will say the heck with it

But it is very clear to me now. My money says that my would be RV would not exceed 18,000 lbs with my payload provided I am willing to cut back and rough it with with only 2 dozen minnows, and 2 cases of beer. It will be sacrifice, but I willing to comply with the law as may be required.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum