Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #23
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart16244 View Post
As the owner of a 2015 challenger gt, I very familiar with windshield water leaks. After 7 repairs, including a trip to the warranty center in Wakrusa, the leak has slowed to a few drops in a storm, but still agitating as hell. In wakarusa, the windshield was removed and reinstalled, we were informed that the glass was ready to fall out due to lack of sealant. I agree that the quality of these units leaves something to be desired. Having toured the plant during our stay at the warranty center, i can see the reason for the issues. As a first time RV owner, I and the wife fell in love with the features, and bells and whistles, but are disappointed in the quality. Every trip is an adventure. And yes, the 90 day warranty is a real thing.
Has anyone seen a Thor coach without the rubber seal around the windshield?

I saw one and first thought was that it was neat because there was no rubber around the perimeter to shrink or fade. I was casually asking Thor about it and they didn't know what I was talking about. They said ALL of their Class A including the $300k and up units have the rubber seals around windshield perimeter. Well since I had pictures of at least 1 brand new 2019, I was able to prove that something didn't jive. After research, Thor said for the coach in question they found records from dealer that the rubber seal didn't fit properly or had issues. Long story short the dealer replaced the rubber seal with as far as I can tell no rubber seal but sealant? There are no links to my knowledge, I don't own the unit. It does look nice without the rubber seal, but what would anyone of you recommend I do? This coach is high on our list short about $4k. Sounded like Thor would not warranty the windshield because it was a dealer repair? It doesn't make sense to me.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum