Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 02:35 AM   #29
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM48 View Post
Hi all. My wife and I just purchased a 2015 Thor ACE 29.3. Love it a lot. Like all newbies I sure we all have a lot of questions. My 1st question for the forum is .... I have automatic hydrolics jacks. I just pulled into an RV park and started to level it and once done I noticed the front wheels are about 2” off the ground. Is this Okay? Or will it affect the hydraulics? Any advice ...
Thanks Dan M

I’ve done it without any catastrophe but typically I want all four tires at least touching the ground. The jacks certainly are strong enough to lift your coach off the ground without damage but the tires provide lateral stability. The jacks, especially at longer extension really are not designed for sideways loads. Typically there aren’t many such loads but why take the risk? Also, the issue is a bigger problem if it’s the rear wheels that are going to be airborne. Once the tires are off the ground the holding power of the transmission and parking brake are gone. I usually put some LEGO blocks under any wheels that are going to be off the ground and when I do that I’ll usually put the same number or maybe one more under the corresponding jack so it won’t have to extend so far. But the advice to use manual jacking is good as the auto feature does usually lift higher than necessary. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum