Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #37
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
If they're made for automotive use they can easily handle charging voltage. And in reality, LEDs don't care that much about the voltage, it's the current that kills them. That's why they usually have a current limiting resistor integrated in series with the LED in the assembly.

Agree if they are made for automotive use - they would be rated higher than 12v.
But if sourcing LEDS from non-automotive, I suggest getting those rated for 12-24v rather than 12v...
14 volts can easily overheat a 12v LED... and heat is not your friend in electronics.
I had no issue finding 12-24v rated bulbs when I converted the lighting in my coach. One Amazon seller of 12v bulbs nicely pointed those looking for RV use to the higher rated versions. The difference in cost was peanuts...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum