Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 12:23 AM   #25
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
So, is the tire just laying on top of the steel channels, or is it secured somehow?
Also, was kind of channels did you use?
Tire was placed into location with 0 air in it
That way I could force it into place, above the hitch and cross brace between the I-beams of the E450 frame.

Then I placed the two pieces of aluminum “strut” material (ez to cut and work with) above the E450 beams and aligned at the current holes (no drilling needed).
Finally, after strut material is secured & tire is properly located, I inflated the tire to about 20 pounds. That was enough to secure it tightly into place, does not move.

To remove (we all hope it never happens)...
I’ll deflate the tire completely, remove the 4 nut & bolts that hold the strut material, remove strut material, then drop the tire after moving it into place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D921290E-CECC-4CAD-B7FA-98C08FFE6025.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	19567   Click image for larger version

Name:	7B6BD906-E9BD-444E-9070-34B6D6312FAA.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	19568  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum