Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
dave.irwin.59@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #11774
Thor Factory Service Update

I had shared with some on this forum that I was about to make a ‘warranty’ trip to the Thor factory in Wakarusa, Indiana. I’ve just returned and thought I would share my experiences.

The drive was just over 900 miles (each way) from Hilton Head Island, SC to the Wakarusa service facility.

My rig is a 2018 Hurricane 29M. It was under warranty at the time I first scheduled the service appointment, but was out of warranty before my appointment date. I rescheduled once due to work conflicts and Thor was totally fine with that, even though my warranty had expired.

The main problem was that my kitchen counter/cabinet had separated from the wall ... along the back and sides ... about a half inch. It ‘popped’ from the wall while on a trip and never moved again. I assumed that the counter top may have had to be removed, along with the sink and stove and I did not trust this to my friends at Camping World ... it my choice and decision to make the trip to the Thor factory. I had a few other very minor items (most of which I did not even tell them about until I arrived)

I arrived late on Saturday evening (for a Monday morning appointment) and stayed on site in their parking / camping area, with 50amp, water and a dump station. WiFi in the parking area was weak to the point of being useless, but worked well in the customer waiting area.

They arrived at my rig @ 7:20 am on Monday and had all of the work completed by 2:00pm. Metal brackets were used to reinforce the counter to the wall (yes the stove had to be taken out). The few smaller items I mentioned to them were also done free of charge, even though the warranty had expired. They even checked a few things I didn’t even ask them about.

This is my first real problem with the rig. In the early days I had a few minor items that I took to Camping World, which were a pain to have addressed in a timely manor. I also had a few minor items (burned out LED ceiling light and AC relay/circuit board) ... Thor sent me parts and I did the work myself.

Since owning my rig (just over a year) I have invested a lot of time learning it’s systems (thank-you YouTube and others on this forum) and feel I can do most electric and mechanical work myself. Given the possible structural issue with the cabinet and that it was under warranty, I decided not to tackle it myself.

Should the counter have separated from the wall? No! But the service experience was exceptional. My experience with my Thor factory service was a 9. The value of not having to deal with Camping World ... priceless!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum