Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:52 PM   #22
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
BEAU388, I learned something from your post of the chassis modifications on motor coaches , I was not aware that the business MORryde did all the chassis modifications, I will dispute their claim in your sub post by them, I worked in a frame/axle shop for years after getting out of the military in 72, we repaired and modified frames on all of the major manufactures, Peterbuilt, Kenworth, White Trucks, International Harvester, Mack and Freightliner, including the medium trucks by Ford and General Motors, any new truck when it leaves the factory has a big decal on both sides of the frame in big letters that state, DO NOT WELD OR DRILL FRAME FLANGES, every thing that attaches to the frame is either bolted or riveted, all heavy truck and medium truck frames are a heat treated steel or aluminum, the only time welding is permitted on a frame is when its repaired, shortened or lengthen and then plating on the inside or outside or both is required to reinforce the area that was welded, I installed the HWH hydraulic levelers on my Thor AXIS 25.4 and it also has a heat treated frame and when this frame was lengthen they broke every rule in the book, we did front and rear end alignment on everything including motorhomes, we also sold and installed a lot front end accessories to correct handling and tire wear problems, looks like MORryde wrote their own book of standards, I know FMVSS is FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD, what is QVM standard??

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum