Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #13
Handy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Thor Outlaw 29J
State: California
THOR #16597
Regarding the padding, I have been picturing a partial blockage where the drain pipe enters the holding tank, like maybe a temporary plug that was not removed completely, or padding! That is awesome that you found that!
I inserted a steel snake into the pipe and it freely travels to the holding tank where it hits the bottom of the tank and stops, at least it appears to be the bottom of the tank. I attached my shop vac to the pipe sucking air for a few minutes with no results. Then blew air and confirmed the air was blowing out of the roof vent. Since rebuilding and lowering the p-trap, removing the wiring from between the holding tank and the chassis so the tank could rest on the chassis at the low end of the tank, and applying the vacuum, the drain is 50% better than it was but still not as fast as the shower. I have done everything I can and am happy to put it behind me, but have a feeling that if there is something like padding in the drain then it could eventually clear itself.
When I originally cut out the p-trap my first installation leaked at a coupling. Upon inspection, I found that the existing 1.5" abs pipe had a crimp dimple in the side of it that prevented the fitting from sealing properly. I also had noticed that 6" further down the drainpipe there was a coupling and 2 elbows that were bathed in abs glue which looked like an attempt to stop a leak from the outside. I went ahead and cut all that out also and found more of those dimples in the outside of the abs pipe and figured this is what caused the leak problems for the original installation also. Eventually, I replaced 75% of the original drain pipe from the sink to the holding tank and had to locate a non-dimpled section of pipe for my splice. The dimples were from manufacturing I guess.
Also by re-routing the p-trap, I was able to rebuild the 12" drawer below the kitchen sink and replace it with a 16" drawer. They already had 16" guides installed in the cabinet so I was able to get 16" guides for the new drawer and slide it right in!
After owning this Outlaw for less than a month I got a recall notice for an unsafe wiring connection between the batteries and the isolation switch or relay. My dealer is ordering parts from Thor and then will complete the 45-minute repair in a few weeks. During my inspections I found the ground cable from the generator to the chassis to be finger loose at the chassis, never was tightened.
This weekend I am installing the Weldtec 6" lift! I wonder what the dealer will say about that when I go in for the recall work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum