Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dish for RV'ers
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
as for the Tailgater 4, it's a newer version of the Tailgater/Playmaker SINGLE output antenna, but also with the capability of BOTH Eastern and Western satellites, though I doubt you'd have any problems going anywhere in the U.S. with only 'Western' satellite reception, anyway, as we have.

But, the dual arcs does give you a little more capability if you happen to be in a somewhat inaccessible place, otherwise, though most of us have learned how to get around those issues by how and where we place our antenna.

While ours rides on the rear of the roof, near the ladder, it's easily able to be unattached and brought closer to the front of the roof of the rig, or completely down to the ground, even as far away as 100 yards, to get the best reception area. What I really also like about these units is that they are not bound by the 'must be level' in order to self-find the satellites, because, after all, they are self-acquiring and the inner 'eye-ball' is capable of 360degrees of rotation, and quite a bit of vertical headroom as well.

We've had our Tailgater2 dual output unit for over 5 years, and while I sent it back to the factory, which replaced the main coax output connector after about a year of use, I've not had a single problem since, and that's after dropping it several times!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum