Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 05:20 AM   #9
Dan In Cheyenne

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Wyoming
THOR #8160
Really tried to do the sway bar by myself. I used a powerful 1/2 air impact wrench with the air pressure jacked up to 150 psi on the lower bolts in back of the rear tires. I pounded the bolt until I thought something might break so I gave up. I finally took it to a local reputable independent repair center that does heavy duty repair. They did an alignment on my motor home a while back. They are not cheap but they are good and stand behind what they do. The sway bar is the only install I did not do myself.

The wife and I are heading to Arizona right after the first of the year. Here are my mods to date:

A Safety Plus steering stabilizer.

CHF both front and rear.

A rear track bar.

Sumo front shock assists.

Rear Roadmaster anti sway bar

The recliner conversion. Used a piece of kitchen counter top for the end table top. Easy clean up possible spills.

Installed LED lights the length of my awning and wired them into my outdoor light switch.

Looking forward to an easy drive and a comfortable stay in Arizona. When we get back I'm considering adding a second AC unit in the bedroom. I would need to power it by running a dedicated wire through the roof to the outside of the RV and install a 110 connector. I could then plug it into the 15 AMP circuit that is on all RV campground power poles and run the rest of the RV and AC on my normal 30 AMP power line.

It's always something. Travel safe and thanks for all your advice.
Front Sumo Shocks
Roadmaster Front & Rear Anti Sway Bar's
Dan In Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum