Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #16
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
OK, I found the secret to the nasty ham.
A mouthful of it about like a mouthful of cinnamon, just not a good idea.

So,
I hadn't paid a lick of attention to it since I started the ham process over a year ago.
Took a bite, it sucked, my dad liked it(bullshit) so I put it away.

I'm staring at the damn thing this morning and I'm making our standard for thirty years (I hate and love that it's a fad now) Charcuterie type plate loaded with 'I dare yuz' homemade dried black olives and saladitos(dried salted apricots stuffed into half a lemon or shredded on top of lemon slices) and sausages that fight back and cheese that tries to assault you, and often does and pickled juniper berries(I thought they'd turn out something like capers, nope)... And I realize:
'dumbass. Cut it thin and maybe it can be accoutrement instead of the awful breakfast steak my dad eats it as.

So, sliced thin enough to see through, and it also produced some of the wildest tiny bits of chicharon you've ever had.

This went from garbage to grand in about 300 slices.
It is amazing and wonderful on a corn tortilla chip.

Everyone might hate it(if I get lucky)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1223191214a.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	21922   Click image for larger version

Name:	1223191221a.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	21923  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1223191222a.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	21924  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum