Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #25
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Pic of the door shows 4x4 and looks like transfer selection is a knot on the dash and not a shifter on the floor. Might be a newer chassis than yours.

That is very interesting..... I am wondering if that is not a picture of the actual unit. I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 on a 2019 F-550 chassis and the 4x4 controls are on a floor.

Mine is just like the one shown in this Thor video of the 2020 Magnitude SV34. Starting at about 3 min 45 sec they start showing the 4x4 option and they go over the 4x4 shifter on the floor.

Where the 4x4 knob is on the dash in that picture is where the Emergency Start Switch and the Switch for the Fog Lights that Thor added on the Magnitude. Thor put their own front bumper and fog lights on the Magnitude. I don't see an Emergency Start switch on any of the dash pictures.

According to information I read online, Thor did not use the electronic 4x4 controls because it has manual locking hubs and damage can be done to the drive train if it is put into 4x4 without the hubs being locked in first. They also do not want you to shift into 4x4 above 3MPH.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum