Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #401
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
The point I was making is that behind the couch there could be electrical cables or plumbing lines that could be impacted by the installation. If they exist these may need to be rerouted because they would no longer be hidden and out of the way with the dinette installation.
There isn't. The slide in the 24.1 only has a 120V and a 12V line going to it and you can see those laying on the floor near the rear of the slide when you look under the couch. The 120V line goes in the wall and up the side to the two outlets underneath the cabinets. The 12V line goes in the same spot for the one light fixture.

I'm sure with the couch removed it would be really easy to follow both lines and not hit them.

The interesting thing I see about this project is the fact that the slide is only about 2ft deep. Once you remove the couch you're only going to have about that much floor space to work with--unless the dealer extends it. Having never been in a 25.1 I don't know how that slide is setup--did Thor extend the floor of the slide to include the dinette? (looks like that one only slides out about 2ft as well but its a full dinette)

Our old 5th wheel had the long slide on the side with both a couch and the dinette in it. In that case, though, the slide extended a full 3ft or more (trailers and 5th wheels don't have to be usable with the slide retracted) and thus the dinette floor was completely within the slide.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum