Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Flat towing JT
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #10
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Towing JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
The color is called Gobi. It's a light brown. We have Desert ( lighter brown) on current JK. It never looks dirty. I have a demco set up now. Like it. The Jk is a Sahara. The new JT is a Rubicon. So was concerned about the base plate affecting the approach angle , not that I would do any rock crawling. I am getting the steel front bumper and going see if I can attach links directly to the bumper. And hookup that way where you normally have d links.
I almost bought the aluminum lightweight bumper for our JL that had towing tabs for the Blue OX set up. I read in Jeep material (owners manual) that they did not recommend doing any towing with anything attached to the bumper. I have seen others do it with the Rockhard brand bumper but I thought the towing tabs were minimal as far as size compared to how Blue Ox attaches its faceplates to the rails of the front frame which are extremely beefy. Make sure you do your homework. Don't want to take any chances with a rig like you about to tow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum