Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 09:26 PM   #63
AAL787

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
What brand on what kind of rig did you install? I know that the Saf-T-Plus I had installed on our 24.1 Thor Axis E450 made a HUGE improvement.
I put a Safe T Plus on my E350 24.1 Vegas. There is improvement but by no means huge.
It centers nicely but a semi passing me requires about 30 degrees of initial steering wheel movement toward the semi.(consider the steering wheel a 360 degree azimuth) Then about 15 degrees of crab toward as it’s passing, about 30 degrees of opposite deflection once it clears, and then 15 degrees back to recenter the wheel.
It varies a bit with the speed of the truck passing me but even with the Safe T Plus a gust could push me into the rumble strips if I’m not paying attention.
For the price of the thing it provides far less lateral help than I’d hoped or expected.
AAL787 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum