Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:23 AM   #18
fredsbook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: North Carolina
THOR #1800
Thor Miramar dead bolt broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Cheyenne View Post
Happened to me. The deadbolt is pot metal and often breaks. You need to be inside to get the lock apart so the door will open. Hope a window is not locked. The entire door lock/open/close mechanism will need to be replaced.
This happened about a month ago on my 2015 Miramar. Lucky for me it broke as I tried to lock the door from outside. So I was not locked out of the coach.

It was easy to remove the entire lock/handle unit. I did a google search and found the replacement part. However, the part had been modified since my original part was made. A movement that rotates with the locking of the bolt was a complete circle and the original was not. And it just didn't' fit the small area allowed between the mechanism and the door jamb. Lucky I have a friend that works with mettle and he filed the wheel to fit. Newer piece was not pot mettle as the original.

So its not hard to replace just be aware the new piece may not be exact as the original as I found. And it isn't $$$

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum