Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #32
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
I installed the Winegard swm3 dish on the roof on the last two RV's I had. It only connects to Direct, but is HD, though is not an in-motion system. Its fully automatic, when you park, push a button, it finds the 3 satellites necessary for HD. For connections, there is the coax cable from the dish to the Direct Box, then an HDMI cable to each set you want connected. This connections, means all TV's will be on the same channel, but one way around that, is you can always use one or more TV's on the antennae, for local channels. IMO this worked very well, we never had a problem with any of it.
I recently roof-mounted a Winegard G3 & added DISH Wally in my RV.
Now, although the Winegard supports two Wally’s, I chose to have just the 1 Wally & connect the main HDMI to a 3-way HDMI splitter.
Then those 6’, 12’ & 25’ HDMI cables were routed thru walls and cabinets to the 3 Seiki TVs.
So, in this set-up...all three TVs see the same DISH satellite channel.
But, like you said...you can use one or more TVs on the antenna for local channels (or wired for a separate DVR at each TV location).

By the way...in my home I just switched from ATT Uverse to DISH. And I just love the DISH features, makes ATT look vintage old-school.
Plus, I save about $40/mo with more programming.

The Winegard G3 works great, and has a 20% larger dish than previous models.
And, if the channel I change to is on a different satellite...the delay is less than 2-3 seconds for a perfectly clear HD image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F6CF7D0B-F64A-4023-857A-9C0268F908CD.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	23233  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum