Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
LateSixtiesGuy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24FE
State: Michigan
THOR #17140
Smile Ducky was WRONG ! AKA, matter is settled.

Hey, all, regular readers might remember my Return for refund thread. Since that was closed, I'll update you with a new thread, and what I am allowed to say with the agreement. I am back to shopping, because I no longer own a motorhome. The dealer wants me to say, the 'matter is settled', so thats what I'll say. Took 17 weeks or so to get to that point. I have learned ALOT about the motorhome industry. About the dealers AND the Manufacturers. I found, with help from some of you, a lawyer who has 6 people that work for him, and the ONLY thing they do is motorhome and travel trailer returns. Thats the whole practice. Turns out I didn't need them, but if you DO, I can give you the name, send me a PM. And I can explain, privately, how reversal of acceptance works, and why you might, or might not, want to go that route. I will recommend that we, as owners or former owners, do a better job of explaining what these things are like, and how the buying process works. If only I had known about a predelivery inspection, I would have asked for one. The whole long drawn out battle would not have had to happen. I will add that we should INSIST on a water test, slide in and slides out. If they won't or can't don't buy it.

Now, on to the Duck, yes, I recieved a paper tag when I left the dealer. I still have the tag, If I can figure out how, I'll post a picture of it.

Yes, a motorhome can be returned if it is defective, or the dealer misrepresented it.

Yes, you have leverage with payments. If you stopped paying on something, and explained that the item is defective, the bank might actually HELP you with your dispute. But I had paid in full. Maybe that was not smart.

And most importantly, the pinnacle of human achievement occured in 1967, when Carrol Shelby, working with Ford, put a 427 Medium Riser into a Mustang fastback. This car had a 4 spd manual trans and a 2.47 axle gear. It was used for 24 hr, 150mph + tire testing. It was an awesome car. Because this worked SO well, Some dealers, like Tasca Ford, began putting the 427 into Mustangs, if you had the deep pockets required. If you think there is something else humans have done anywhere on the planet that rivals this, I would like to know ! LSG

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum