Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 06:19 PM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I assume you have lights, etc. inside the coach with the switch in the "Use" position and without shore power or the generator running the red light is on.

That being said...... I would check the following:

1) Make sure the AC breaker for the Converter is not off or tripped. If it is, the house batteries will not charge.

2) There are typically two 12V fuses for reverse polarity for the Converter / Charger. You may want to check to make sure they are good. They are usually 30 or 40 Amp fuses. These will blow if the battery cables ever get reversed. If one or both are blown, the batteries won't charge.

3) In the battery compartment there are usually a couple Bussman breakers that control power to the Levelers, Generator and to the 12V electronics bay. The one for the 12V electronics bay usually a 50 Amp breaker. Make sure that is not tripped.

The Converter / Charger should be charging your house batteries when plugged into shore power or of the generator is running. Since your house batteries aren't charging under shore power or the generator, there could be an issue with it if all the above check out.

I'm also operating from the assumption that your batteries are not fried but if they are discharged, you should be seeing 14+ V when plugged into shore power or the generator is running when the Charger going into a Boost mode.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum