Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
TeeAnn, I don’t have dimensions but will share the little I know.

There are two sizes overhead (over the cab) beds depending on front cap. The RV is 90 inches wide, so bed is plenty long when sleeping across as intended. The aerodynamic fiberglass front cap narrows as you move forward, but seems taller at rear edge of bed which makes it a bit easier to climb in and out of bed. When much younger my wife and I slept in Class C overhead bed a few times and the real issue for us (and I expect most) was for person at very front of RV climbing over the other person because there is so little headroom. It’s far worse than climbing over each other when sleeping in a corner bed (have done that too and wouldn’t want to again). One person up there isn’t too bad.

Dinettes in Cruise America motorhomes we’ve rented seem about the same size to me, and they're just wide enough for 4 thin/average adults to sit. When made into a bed, the ones we’ve rented were just under 6’ long and plenty wide for one person. We used a twin-bed memory foam pad on top and it was just the right width but a few inches too long. My wife said she slept great. The dinette is definitely too narrow for two adults in my opinion.

When we looked at the 19G, we figured she would sleep on dinette and I would take the overhead bed, or I would build a bed extension next to dinette. In the end the size didn’t offer enough space over a van camper to make it worth it for us. If a little longer, with permanent Twin/King beds and dry bath, we’d be more interested. For us the 19G is not worth it because we’d have to park it offsite while a van we can park at home, and outside storage is very limited. Great unit for the size though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F265F69-B54D-4B5B-BC23-DAF8F59E8E59.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	23830   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADF59E0F-8C99-45DD-88A5-597E8D00F6BB.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	23831  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum