Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Wallpaper issue
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:56 PM   #12
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
Ok, now that everyone confirms it’s water intrusion and it may be a leak or maybe someone left the window open and it rained.

Now, what are the solutions to repair?

No such luck on the open window idea. Definitely water coming through from behind. I’d guess there has been a fair amount of leakage. But I also think you’ll be fine if you find and fix the leak promptly. If it’s beneath a window I’d start on a ladder and very closely examine the perimeter. Assuming the window is held in by a rubber gasket you’re looking for even a very small gap anywhere. Maybe even use windshield sealer around the edge regardless. Windshield sealer is like a very watery silicone that flows where water could go before it sets up. Comes in a tube and is available at any auto parts store. Also check for clear weep holes along the bottom track if it’s a sliding window. The procedure is pretty similar if you’re looking at a frameless window. You can use urethane caulk around these though which is thicker, like silicone. It’s sticky stuff. Once you are certain the windows are sealed work outward and upward looking at every seam, seal, penetration and joint. Use urethane caulk on the sides and self leveling lap sealant on the roof. I recommend doing the inspection and repair every 3 or 4 months. I almost always find something that needs addressing with each inspection. Don’t delay or you risk rot and/or mold inside the walls and floor. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum