Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #17
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I came close to going with flexible panels with my recent installation but decided to go with traditional rigid panels mostly because panels can get very hot and I didn’t think my roof (or the occupants below) needed a scorching hot patch. I saw online photos of TPO roofing discolored by the heat (and since it was on the internet, of course it’s true....). Plus they cost more, are less efficient and don’t last as long. Your results may vary. Saw that my recent panel purchase caused Amazon to lower the price (funny how THAT works!) so I went ahead and bought a second 80W panel. I am confident that 160W will be excessively adequate for my current and future needs!

After having them in two coaches now, I can say they do not generate any heat that is noticeable in the coach.

I have put my hand in the ceiling where the panels are installed and I can’t tell much of a difference in heat in the dealing.

I actually think the glass and metal panels generate more heat and why you need a sizable gap underneath them to allow the heat to dissipate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum