Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:03 PM   #6
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
I just thought of something and wanted to go back to Beau and Ace with this question:

I'm currently hooked to electric and guessing the same would occur with the gen running. I just measured total output with a volt meter. 13.65 total output. While that may be capacitive charge (I do listen) from sitting on electric, wouldn't the same be true for the OEM Batt indicator when not hooked to shore power? It currently shows charging and/or full.

The more I sit without the gen when dry camping the indicator lights show the drain. I measure output and run the gen when I get near 70% remaining capacity. That's where I intend to use the monitor, so I don't have to dive under the steps to know my current situation and start the gen if needed. Save AGS for later.

Even with SP or gen, the capacitive charge - while meaningless to longer-term usable capacity, is usable energy and an interesting data point to acknowledge and track (e.g. how long can capacitive charge be consumed before it's exhausted and you're relying on the true state of charge).

If I didn't connect the dots in the above posts, I apologize. Please try to set me straight one more time?

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum