Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Sumo Springs
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 03:14 AM   #58
Mhisle

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #20132
Wish fuel was my biggest problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbach View Post
Are you really feeling "sway", and not just the nature of the F550? They don't track like a car, and the 19.5 tires do follow every crack in the road...just the nature of the beast. You get use to minor steering corrections all the time, but I've never felt much I would classify as sway. I run cold at 100psi if it's going to be over 80 degrees while traveling, and 105 if it's cooler, so my target hot pressure is at max load rating around 115. It tracks better with higher pressure, but does ride hard. If you only made it 100 miles and the back tank was empty, they did not have it full...likely near empty. As you found out, there is a problem with venting on fuel fills or routing of the fill tubes, as I've had the same issues since new, but it's not a Ford issue, it's an installation or design issue from Thor. Also, look to see if the DEF fill tube is routed above the other wire/tubes on the frame where the input point to tank is, as liquid will not flow uphill...I found that one out on the road and you absolutely do not want to let a Ford go low on DEF. I had to reroute the tube in the middle of Montana last month!
Well - the next day we decided to try things out in the rv - slide would not work. 8 blinking lights means wiring issue - take to dealership. Tech said it’s a major placement issue with zero clearance between motor and slide- the new motor won’t last and he feels it will need to go back to factory and remove slide all together etc. waiting on response from Thor on Monday. So my brand new magnitude will Likely need to go back to factory. They never showed us how the slide works during the walk thru which looking back was awful weird. Tech said it had obviously been worked on before. I wrote about this in another post too. I’ll let u know how it all turns out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum