Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #82
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Most dealers will just let the unit sit until a rookie gives them the asking price without an inspection or test drive. Might take one or two additional weeks of inventory time but they might even get more in the long run.

A knowledgeable buyer is a hassle to deal with for some dealers and they prefer you leave so they can get back to business their way.
Exactly...

In many ways I still view myself as newbie. However, I was fortunate enough to find this site well before my 1st purchase.

Twice we had cashiers check in hand, insurance paid for and made a trip to dealership to pick up a brand new Thor RV ( specifically a 2018 ACE 29.3 and later it would be a 2019 Winsport 27B). Both times the items found during PDIs were taxing on us. They tried to fix some things, but some was major and some they would not even agree they would repair (i.e. a ladder where they obviously had tried to repair several times, it was weak and sealant all over the screws were an eyesore; a rusted out hydraulic pump due to where a battery had exploded).

What I learned is exactly what you say, they did not believe we would walk from that deal . But they were wrong TWICE

It was a very hard thing to do, because we had told everyone and we were all excited, I couldn't believe they wouldn't simply say gives us two weeks and we will fix everything. They simply watched us walk without even a blink or nod. Before we got home, the RV was back up for sale and it was listed sale pending 1 week later, and sold 2 weeks after that. I am sure they found a buyer that probably paid more than us; plus did not note all of the PDI items we did.

The Winnebago 29VE was actually the 1st RV we seriously considered that had no PDI issues. We had to go to Florida to get it.

@Duckface

Just so you know for full disclosure... While I did not find any sawdust behind the rear access panel of the fridge, there was some dust on the ceiling, and I found some metal shavings in one of the outside compartment bays. They saw me see it and cleaned it; before my wife could write it down. They even gave us the can of spray cleaning solvent they used on ceiling, and said if we see anything more we could take care. I find it so convenient for some to take shots at the poor Mfg workers who may have forgot to vacuum the metal shavings etc. etc. Almost all of the issues I have seen and/or read about are things that happened while on the Dealer's lot.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum