Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: hose advice
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #20
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM View Post
As a newbie, I purchased a drinking hose from the RV dealer for our new Chateau 24BL. It is so stiff I can't roll it up properly when camping. I can look for a more flexible brand...but...can I use a pocket hose the cloth (on outside) type that I use in the yard dedicating a new one for the purpose of a drinking hose? It would be extremely flexible and take up little space.
If that would work I could probably find a use for the large piping in the propane area that is dedicated for the sewer hose by Thor yet won't fit any end connector in it (sewer hoses) so it is basically being unused.

It would be great if another one could be used for the saniflush also.

Thoughts from experienced RVers?
Many do it yourself places have the cloth covered hoses and most say drinking water safe. I also use quick disconnects on everything. when I'm done I put both ends of the hose together to keep them clean. If people did this they could put anything in the compartment and not contaminate the drinking water hose. I also bought a thread cleaner for hose threads because some campgrounds and friends houses have messed up threads and this will make them like new

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum