Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
RN44

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #20537
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Being uneducated about pre delivery inspections is the number one cause of misdirected comments about rv manufacturers.
Number two is probably the entitlement attitude taken at a repair facility which in turn gets you poor service because no one wants you on their lot.

I don't know if the top two reasons are your reasons, but they are THE most oft of reasons to be in your predicament.

If you have done any diligence by reading posts on this forum before you posted, you'd know to list the problems you're having so we can help solve some of them.

One new poster has waited two months to HAVE A SCREW TIGHTENED. (their windshield shade has come loose)
They say the rv is unusable for the last two months and it is ruining their life.
DON'T BE THEM.

It's an rv.
Make a nice trip out of the factory appointment, go to the rv museum, relish Indiana cuisine, make new friends while in the area, attend a church or an elks club while there,
If you didn't buy it to take trips, then why? Let's be a little impromptu and see if it creates some happy.

List what's wrong with the rv and see if we can have YOU fixing it for $10 bucks and 10 minutes.

We'll do our best to make you a knowledgeable and happy owner.

Or sell it.
It'll never be worth more than it is worth today.
I understand that RV s have issues. This is not our first rv. I have lurked on the forums for awhile. My husband is very handy and has corrected many issues at home since it was easier than taking it in for service.

We have never had an entitlement attitude at the dealership. However I do expect the repairs to be fixed correctly. This has not been our experience. Poor quality repairs being covered up, combined with slow parts delivery from the manufacturer has made for an abysmal year of ownership. The parts are usually delivered damaged and the dealer installs anyway hoping we won't notice. We inspect the repairs carefully and catch the poor work.

We have done our research. My husband has all the available schematics from the manufacturer. He has read the manuals. We do roof inspections every 3 months because we are aware of the possible issues that can creep up. We are involved owners and are not the ones that sit back and complain about a loose screw saying our rig is unusable.

The problems we are having issues with are not beyond my husband's skill set, but we shouldn't have to be fixing dealership damage from poor repairs on our own dime on a coach that is less than one year old.

Problems range from a shower that was delivered with no floor pan support whatsoever, to multiple interior walls coming loose, causing the bathroom door not to line up with the latch. When the dealer tried to fix the shower, they caused more damage than fixed. The fridge cooling unit got fried from a simple cabinet repair. The previous dealer dumped wood debris from a cabinet repair above the fridge down into the fridge chimney burner. My husband cleaned it out, but the cooling died. So our last trip was with a half dead fridge and a jacked up shower/bathroom. We still had a great trip. It just would have been nice to have the features we paid for operational.

Our total number of issues is up to 28 right now I believe. I wish the fixes were $10 and 10 minutes.

My husband was cleaning the roof last month and the roof plywood started cracking. He is not fat either. He always thought it felt spongy compared to other RVs. The dealer says it's normal. The roof should at least support a 220 lb grown man without issues.

We are at almost 5 months of down time at the dealerships. The coach doesn't sit waiting for parts either. We make our appointment, they diagnose it, we pick it up and bring it back for the work when the parts are in. But the dealers just sit on the coach without doing the work, even though the parts are there. It takes a phone call from begging for them to please do the work. This last round, one job out of 15 was completed in 3.5 weeks. Most of the work was fixing previous minor errors caused by dealers. I wanted to give them a chance to make good on their promise to fix things. They just aren't doing that.

We have been able to travel almost 6000 miles in the last year. We love this coach when it works and plan on keeping it for lots of travel. We don't want to sell it. We just want the dealerships and the manufacturer to stand behind their work and do the repairs right the first time. We have been very patient and have done our due diligence.

I have read in other threads that there is an attorney based in louisiana that has other members have used before. Does anyone know their name by chance.

Thank you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum