Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #26
SteveCie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Florida
THOR #13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I have a 2018 Chateau 31E. It has around 48K miles on it, and I just experienced my third rear tire failure in the past year or two. The original tires were Hankook Dynapro HT. I was just wondering if others have had problems with these tires.

I also recently got my front tires replaced and got another alignment done because of uneven tire wear and excessive road noise.

I think these big 32 ft. class C's are really heavy at the rear, so the tires may be overloaded. I always inspect my tires and check pressures before every trip. Rear tires are set at 80 psi cold.

Since the failures happened on the road, and the RV doesn't have a spare tire, I had to install what was available, so now there is a mix of tire brands on the RV.

We are planning a big cross-country RV trip next year, and I'm thinking about replacing all the tires before that trip for peace of mind. Any recommendations for a reliable heavy duty tire that can handle the load with plenty of margin?
Hankook tires are excellent tires. They are OEM for Ford chassis. Expecting more than 40,000 miles wear on these type tires is unrealistic. Expecting these tires to last more than four years is unrealistic, as well as unsafe. At 4 years or 40,000 miles I will change all of my truck tires, yes truck tires as an RV is a truck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum