Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 12:30 AM   #14
Hosermohoer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #20679
I purchased a 2019 Thor 3901 in September. We managed two trips in it before it (sadly) had to be put away. For reference, this is my first coach; I’ve had three bumper tow trailers before. My Thor was “used” but had just over 3000 miles on the odo on purchase. The floor plan is excellent for our needs. The fit and finish is excellent (although there are two drawers that won’t stay shut). The panel / electronics and app are great (but not so much the Winegard). Trip two had a black tank full sensor issue, but can’t fault the coach.

We live up north. Waaaay up north. The tile floors are cold. But so beautiful. I’ve never had an issue with cockpit ac (north), but conversely: can confirm the dash unit struggles to pump enough heat. The driver’s side mirror is completely out of whack. Biggest issue: hot water. The water gets hot, but it has to run for a while. If you don’t have sewer and water connections, you’re going to fill your grey and empty your water tank. We barely made it through a five day trip with two adults, two kids, and a bunch of random kids stopping in (because the floor plan is awesome!).

Sadly, I do agree that it is a bit underpowered. Beautiful on the straights, but in the Rockies (for example - but really any hills) best figure out how to work the flashers and keep to the right. My 2500 GMC pulling a fully loaded 36 foot trailer with three slides did much better.

Finally, the two living room tv’s did not talk to each other, and the larger one got confused on it’s lift and caused some issues which still haven’t been rectified despite paying a couple of hundred dollars to a tech person.

On the whole: love, love, love this unit! Can hardly wait for spring.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum