Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 03:24 PM   #16
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I've been using those wally world cube ceramic heaters for a long time. I have 4 or 5 of them floating around the camper, workshop and bathrooms in the house. You have any idea why yours caught on fire?

My fire appears to have been in the area of the switch but I didn’t take it apart and study it. I had a different one years ago that worked perfectly for ages. No doubt that mine was a one off event but it was a very cheap Chinese model and it certainly was a failure on the part of the heater. I like my new oil filled one but stand by my caution. Whatever you buy don’t just look for the cheapest thing you can find. And maybe follow the instructions which almost certainly will say not to leave it unattended. Your results may vary, but mine scared me quite a bit!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum