Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 08:17 AM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
Why did you want to remove it? I have one on my flojet and I just leave it attached. I did it so if I ever broke an attachment hook it would be on the extension and I could always replace it vs. replacing the pump housing.

Pete
1st I had no idea or intent that it was to be permanent. 2ndly I was just initially trying to ensure it fit and it would come off. Both parts were recent brand new. Fortunately I was testing on the the extender because I already knew the extender fit well with the RV sewer drain pipe.

As far as I how I think I will used (not install yet waiting on wiring that I will need)...

I only plan to use the Flo - Jet when at home. When I remove it from the RV I wish to store the Flo-Jet in it's case. The Camco extender has to be off to put in the case. If I didn't want the case, I would have bought the cheaper Sewerflo Macerator Contrary to what I read a lot, I actually like my Camco slinky hoses. They work great at campsites and dump facilities. In future, now that I have a Clear Camco 3" extender, I can see the affluent going into the hose. I already had a clear 90 for the end that goes into ground sewer hose. Of course I could always but a 2nd Clear Camco extender and it would be cheaper than the Rhino wrench tools, but to my knowledge this is suppose to be simple twist off. It clearly wasn't. As far as hook on the Jet flo breaking, it has more chance of breaking new when it is not broken in than when the extender and it has been used more. I have the plumbers grease if it helps plus the knowledge that I can at least get it off by hand and if necessary, I can use the little screwdriver ever so slightly to break it free.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum