Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 05:22 AM   #5
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
For the outside kitchen faucet, the tubing for hot & cold water are easily accessible by pulling open the panel next to your drawer. Doing so will show you that, while not just open to the bottom air of your RV, they are pretty exposed for a while before going into the walls to be split off of your shower/bathroom line. You may want to put some foam pipe insulation around them in that air space. There’s no shutoff that I’ve found to just keep those tubes from have water in them.

As far as the BW/GW tank heaters go, I’d double check on that. I do realize that there are different model numbers of Hurricanes. And each one may have different features. I have the 34J, and I too thought that I had tank heaters. The converter fuse panel shows space for the heaters. But there wasn’t a fuse in it. That’s because it didn’t actually come with one. What it has, supposedly, is an air chamber that lets the heater blow some hot air over the tops of it. It’s pretty hard to determine because the marketing language is pretty vague and says stuff about “heated tanks” without much details. Dig around in this forum For a thread talking about this, or your owners manual, and you’ll find the verbiage.

I’ve gone camping in some cold weather, where it got down into the 20’s at night. As a previous post mentioned, it’s not like once the temp hits 32 degrees—all your pipes instantly freeze. We were ok for those few cold nights and I barely ran any water through the outdoor kitchen sink. Never touched the outdoor shower handle, either.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum