Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #1
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Stopping The Inverter/Charger Death Loop

I'm getting ready to install an inverter that contains a built-in charger and xfr switch.

The inverter has multiple charge profiles for different battery types. I will eventually shift to lithium after the inverter circuitry is tested with the existing wet cells.

I read a post I really like about how they rigged up a 30A receptacle in their Class C electrical bay and merely plug the rig in when on battery/inverter power like it was shore power, knowing they can't run the A/C. I'm aware of that too and plan to manage my power use on inverter power (e.g. no toaster oven and micro at the same time).

They didn't get down in the weeds far enough in my opinion and never discussed how they deterred the infamous inverter/charger death loop.

I found a post on another forum that briefly mentions it. My question is how do I stop it with my setup. All these refer to separate charge controllers and xrf switches they turn down by flipping circuit breakers. I'm not seeing a similar option in my owner's manual.

I haven't found anything here, there or via Google to address my particular setup. I'm still researching this and may find something and want to include this forum in that effort. I'm almost certain others have done this?

Solar is phase 2 of the project.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/inve...ml#post1760303

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum