Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 08:30 PM   #75
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
I can't help but be a bit surprised. I met Bob Tiffin some years ago, when we had the Bus, he was always the most amicable guy you could possibly imagine. He and I sat out over a campfire one evening, he talked about many of his adventures building and growing the business and some of the mistakes he had made. He talked about his son's taking over the business, when he was ready to retire. I know he bowed out of the business some years ago, and about a year and a half later jumped back in again. Do not know any details. Having owned both a Tiffin and a Thor, I have some real doubts that Tiffin's QA will be maintained, long term, and Tiffin always stood behind their products, IMO, better and more actively than most, if not all other manufactures. If you as a Tiffin consumer had a warrantee issue, you could get through to, and talk directly to Bob Tiffin, and he would make the final call, which in my experience was predominantly in the customers favor. Parts, too were available to consumers, directly from Tiffin, they did not require that only a dealer could order parts. Its going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years.
Ordering parts directly by the owner may stay. Heartland was purchased by Thor several years ago and you as an owner, used or new, can order parts directly as it was from the beginning of Heartland.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum