Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 07:08 PM   #34
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Which inverter/charger did you get? Other than it being an Aims, I don’t recall seeing model or size mentioned.
I didn't think anyone was following it anymore and things went down the humor road . Not that I mind. We all need a smile now and again. I'll resume after the holiday mayhem.

2.5k PS. I was going to go with the 3k but when I went to order it, there was no longer any reference to it - at all.
https://theinverterstore.com/product...erter-charger/

More useless info:
According to Beau, another great source of info, it'll run the micro and that's what I'm after. Thanks to JamieGeek, TurnerFam and Cavie for their input and feedback as well.

If it winds up running the air on a soft start, all the better and an experiment for another time. Lots to do between now and then. With the way everything's mounted, I'll have easy access to upgrade (he hopes).

Found the perfect little spot right next to the entrance steps. The battery tray is right there and will get 4 BB 100ah batteries (have those and inverter laying in wait). If you know the 31L floor plan, the solar wires will come down the bulkhead behind the passenger's seat, under the steps and back up through the floor to the 'void' I found where everything will get tucked behind that door. Anything to do with the batteries will follow that same path so everything in that regard will be nicely bundled together in one hole.

If you see the that center rail in the pic, it will be removed and I'll leverage the existing slides, dropping them so they just clear the fresh water inlet. I'll mount plywood to those slides so I can slide it in and out for access. It will eventually become my entire solar control board (if that's what it's called?) There's enough room for the charge controller, busses, shunt, kill switches, etc. Open the door, disengage the latch, roll it out, and viola. Everything I need, except what's on the roof, should be right there. One of those heat ducts will be leveraged for ventilation. I'll get a 'Y' and run both heater outputs to one duct.

There's existing 120 right there as well. I'll chase those back to under the bed to wire up the AC-In and AC-out. The only challenge there is I don't know where the wires go once they land up against the fridge. They eventually reemerge under the shower pan, through a runway to the bed's foundation. I think they drop through the floor but not sure. I'll jump in front of the existing xfr switch for AC-In, letting the inverter handle that and feed the AC bus with the inverter's AC-Out.

TurnerFam thinks I can keep both but I may want the space for something else down the road. It should serve two purposes for now. If either one of them go bad for some reason, I have a backup. Not sure what or why just now. You don't know what you don't know.

Again, I'd like to thank the folks out here that helped. It is/was a wealth of information and I soaked it up like a sponge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201231_133149[1].jpg
Views:	36
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	27873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201231_133159[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	27874  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum