Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #9
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Thanks again

I'm going to Harbor Freight and/or Lowes tomorrow to judge the thickness of SOJ wire and pick up a fish tape. It's an hour away but the ACE down the road has the 14/2 romex and no SOJ. I only have my finger to make an educated guesstimate about the diameter of two runs. Oddly enough, the shape of the romex (flat) would give me the room but SJO's flexibility makes it the easiest to use for that 90d bend. If it wasn't for that one obstacle, I'd be free and clear and it would be done by now. I need one run from the transfer switch to the inverter (AC in) and then from the inverter back to the power panel (AC out).

I have to watch the diameter because I need 2 runs and don't know if I can open the hole in the bed support and shower wall wide enough to fit two runs. It's not that I mind making it bigger, but getting to it is a completely different question. If I put the slide partially in. I can get my hand back behind the end piece but not the leverage I need to widen the hole. On the other hand, fighting with Romex to make that turn will be [your opinion here].

I go to sleep and wake in the morning with this stuff in my head. LOL.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

p.s. the Walmart down the road has 14-3 extension cord. I had to say hmm. Sure would save some road time but says 13Amps
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...Cord/842431456

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum