Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 02:52 PM   #50
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
For anyone wondering about this, the installation is pretty straightforward and does not require any modifications to the fridge and no cut or spliced wires. You just clip a temp sensor to the boiler output and move the fridges main power wire over to the new ARP control box and replace it on the fridge with one from the ARP box. The principle of the thing is that the boiler can overheat and potentially start a fire if the flow of coolant is interrupted- like a pot on the stove that boils dry. The ARP device then cuts off the power to the fridge until the temp gets back to normal. The coolant flows by gravity and is the main reason the fridge needs to be level in operation. If it’s too crooked the liquid coolant pools and doesn’t get back to the boiler. An added interesting feature of the device is that it displays the temp at the boiler and of the returning coolant. It’s not especially important to know these numbers but it’s sort of interesting. Adding the internal and external fans is just a matter of plugging them in and they only run when the fridge is actually cooling. I know residential is all the rage these days and maybe if I was full time I’d be a fan as well but as it is I’m a big fan of absorption refrigerators because of their simplicity and low power need. I consider this to be a useful upgrade.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum